Friday, January 12, 2007

Little Mosque on the Prairie

I stumbled across this new sitcom on Canadian TV - its absolutely hilarious! It is about a small Muslim community in small town Canada.

"Mom, stop it with the guilt, no don't put dad on. I've been planning this for months, its not like I dropped a bomb on them. Look, if dad thinks its suicide, so be it! This is Allah's plan for me." So says the new Imam on the telephone to his disapproving parents in the queue at Toronto airport on his way to the new mosque in the prairies...you can imagine what happens next.

Thankfully, some Youtuber is making it available to the rest of the world. It is split into two parts the first is here and the second, here. You'll need to excuse the advertising in the second part - try to see it as a more authentic cross-Atlantic television viewing experience...(yes, it's really irritating!)

I'm sure it will give you a real giggle!

I am hoping they post the next installment soon :).

No comments: